Thursday, August 28, 2008

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa


IMG_5336, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

One day on our vacation we decided to go visit my grandparents in Kincaid, IL, a super small town. It's been a super long time since we've been there....well, I don't think Emmett's ever been there, so it's been at least 5 years. My grandparents always come to Edwardsville to visit us when we're home, but we're never there (in fact, they watched Henry on Saturday of our lake trip while my mom moved Brian in to an appt. at SIU). Both my parents were raised in Kincaid and this is the house my mom was raised in. My grandparents are super special people. They have so much energy and love. I enjoy every minute w/ them. And, I loved going to visit their home again. It has such memories for me. My grandma, I believe, is 79 and my grandpa is 84. My grandma is one of three girls (she's the youngest) and he's one of three boys (he's the oldest). Isn't that interesting? We had a really nice visit and the boys didn't want to leave. It'll be another year before we see them again, because they winter in Florida. But, my grandparents are taking all the kids and grandkids and great grandkids on a family reunion trip to Destin, Florida next year and she booked the rooms while we were there...August 8-15, 2009. Yeah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun is that! Are these your grandparents that you visit in Florida or are those your Dad's parents?
Amy Jo

Toni said...

YES! Wonderful people for sure! And the same house for all those years, eh?! Neato!