Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Offended?

We've had a really busy day today and it's going to continue to stay busy. Emmett had basketball camp this AM, then we headed straight to his asthma doctor for a check up (which by the way..he's doing wonderful! His breathing numbers are great. Yeah!), then we went to Wegmans (it's a grocery store for those of you not familiar). Anyway, they have a really nice cafe' area where the boys and I like to have lunch. They have a pizza bar, big salad bar, paninis, a deli, a chicken wing/chicken finger bar, sushi...etc. So, we got our food and I took Henry out to eat his food. Then, after eating, we tackled the grocery store. And, I got to tell you, I thought we were doing pretty well. The big boys were wonderfully behaved. And Henry didn't make a peep. I pushed the grocery cart and my big boys took turns pushing Henry in the stroller. The bizarre part is that at least 5 people must have said to me, "Wow! You really have your hands full." Shocking! I thought I looked like I completely had my act together. Really? Did I look that overwhelmed? By the fifth or so time, I was feeling a bit offended.
Left our house at 945 this AM, returned at 3:05. Put Henry down. Now I have to make two pans of brownies for Owen's last soccer practice. Feed the kids dinner and have them to soccer by 5:45. I'm exhausted.

8 comments:

Erica said...

I wouldn't take it offensively...many moms these days (me included!) hate to tackle the grocery store with even ONE kid, let alone two and a baby, a stroller and a cart! YOU GO GIRL! =)

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

yeah, no one meant anything by it, i don't think. you really did have your hands full - but you're used to it.

Toni said...

Yep, definitely think it had to do with the cart AND stroller; that's a lot of baggage! Sounds like you enjoyed your trip (amazing!) and that's all that matters!

iowaguelys said...

LOL!!! Jamie (from my wedding) and I have talked about this, too!! I think people just don't know what to say, but they think they are being nice by talking to you and the kids. It's funny how I don't care as much now how crazy I look with the baby Bjorn strapped to me while pushing 2 in the cart. I don't do it very often, though, because where do the groceries go?

life with my boys... said...

My most offensive comment comes all the time, espcially in the grocery, and my dentist: so, when are you going to try for that girl...

Unknown said...

You are an amazing mom, I admire you! Some people don't know how to filter the comments in their heads with the ones that come out of their mouths.
I second the "You go girl!" :)

Elizabeth said...

It must be a 3-kid thing b/c I hear that comment all the time here. I keep trying to think of a witty reply (yes, my hands are full of love?) but if you come up with something in the meantime, let me know...

Anonymous said...

As a mother of five, I have learned to smile and say, "better full than empty, right?"