Monday, July 28, 2008

Emmett's Birthday Party

Wow! Birthday parties are EXPENSIVE these days. Emmett wants to have his party at Syracuse Tents and Events, which is essentially a big room w/ inflatables. For the FC gang, think your inflatable jump place....why am I blanking on it's name?, but smaller. Anyway, called today to reserve it....and OMG!.....240.00 plus tax. Does NOT include food, cake, etc. So, I'm looking at a 300.00+ party for 2 hours of jumping. Not sure if I'm going there...I may have to try to talk him into Chuck E Cheese (gag! I know), but cheaper. Sheez! Maybe I could even do a party at my house.

5 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

I say you put up your waterslide and your bounce house and there you go...instant party!! Fire up the grill for hotdogs and bake or order a cake and you just spent what...$40. Much better on the budget and still a blast! Will he go for that?

Toni said...

Pump It Up is our main jump place but Loveland has another called Bounce too. Both are very expensive for parties- but fun. I agree with Sheila- your house is a great place for a party and so, so affordable!

Anonymous said...

Last year Cooper had a back yard BBQ with fun H2O toys and such. We had snow cones and ice cream cone cakes. It was his favorite party yet. This year we did the big party and he asked, "When is my favorite BBQ party?" I learned my lesson quick. Do the easy yard party and he will have a blast. Fun and affordable!
A.J.

Anonymous said...

We have a Pump it Up here in Chicago. The boys went to a party there once and LOVED it! Ours also has pop-in play time. Maybe if yours has pop-in times, you could take Emmett there that week and then have the party somewhere else. Best of both worlds?

Maggie

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

i am going the cheap route too for sophia. i have yet to succumb to the overpriced party : ) but beware even having it at the house can add up if you don't do it right. i like sheila's idea of grilling out. we are doing pizza which isn't all that cheap. especially for 15 kids. home parties can be fun. just make it simple, as you know you have your hand full : ) : )