Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lucky


IMG_4859, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

I'm SO lucky! My boys are the best of buddies and have been since Emmett was probably around 20 months. We moved here when he was 21 months and I think because we lived in a hotel for 2 months, and they had no one else to hang out w/ but themselves, they clicked. It also helps that their personalities just mesh. And...it super helps that Owen is and always has been so kind to Emmett. I overheard them in the hallway last night when I was putting Henry to bed.
Owen, "Emmett...did you draw that flower?"
Emmett, "um..yeah."
Owen, "Wow! I think that's the best flower I've ever seen drawn."
Emmett, "thanks, brother."

You can't beat that :)

6 comments:

life with my boys... said...

You are very lucky, but I doubt it's luck, just good parenting and a laid back pesonality. If I could steal a trait from you, that would be it!!!!

iowaguelys said...

That is SO neat... I'm sure what's modeled to them has helped to create that kindness (in addition to wonderful kids)!

Spindler Clan said...

Ditto to the comments above. You do such a wonderful job parenting that I don't believe it is luck either! :)

Andrea H said...

What a sweet story!

Erica said...

awwwwwwwwww

Crazycarmella said...

How sweet is that?....one to remember.....