Saturday, August 11, 2007

Trying to stay awake

I'm writing this post at 230 AM from work. Somehow I got roped into working 14.5 hours tonight, 5 pm - 730 AM. And while it feels like torture now, I'll be thankful when I get my paycheck. We are redoing all three boys bedrooms. The baby is going into Emmett's room and Emmett is going into the guest room. So....extra money is a good thing!
I took the boys to see Hairspray at the theatre yesterday. They were stir crazy from being sick all week, but I didn't want them around a bunch of other kids yet. So....to the movie we went. And, they LOVED it!!! When it ended they both asked, "When can we see it again?" They have NEVER been so excited about a Disney movie (except for maybe High School Musical). I love that they love musicals. I must admit that the movie brought up all sorts of questions from Owen about segregation and integration. Questions I'm not sure I was prepared to answer. On the other hand, it was a good way to bring up a difficult conversation. Even if the boys grow up to be "sports kids", I hope they never lose their love for singing, dancing, and musicals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe Owen was able to focus on the 'story' so much beyond all the great singing and dancing. And I don't think you have anything to worry about- It seems like signing and dancing is in their blood!
Toni

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

hmmm...i never thought to bring Sophia to that movie, but she like Owen is into singing and dancing. think i'll try it this week. Logann on the other hand still can't sit still for 5 mins.