Thursday, August 23, 2007

Does This Look Like Fun?


















I had grand intentions for this week w/ Eddie being gone. The boys and I were going to do lots of fun things w/ no steadfast agenda. Owen had no camps. I didn't have to work. FUN! FUN!! However, I forgot about Syracuse weather. The weather foiled our plans to go to a water park this week and today was the start of the "Great" NY State Fair. The weather looked good. We were all set. We got there at 1:30 and planned to stay the day and eat dinner there. They had a special today. Unlimited rides for 20.00 per child. The kids were thrilled. But, once again, Syracuse weather intervened (did I mention how much I don't like it here?). It started raining at 2:00 and we sat under a tent waiting patiently for it to let up until 4:00 at which point we decided to head to the car. We arrived at the car SOAKING WET and FREEZING (it was 68 degrees) and 96.00 poorer (40$ - rides, 6$ - my ticket, 4$ race car game, 5$ parking, 41$ 2 lemonades, 2 corn dogs, chicken nuggets, funnel cake, and 2 ice creams). The kids rode a grand total of 3 rides!!! And, to add to our misery, it stopped raining and cleared up just as we got to the car. Owen wanted to turn around and go back for more, but Emmett was shivering. We voted to go home. I'm praying that I don't get talked into going back this year!

1 comment:

CREATIVE CLICKS PHOTOGRAPHY said...

alright i must admit meg i laughed my ass off while reading this. the fair is never an easy day. i feel your pain. but usually its 100 degrees and the kids are crying they are too hot. so sorry you guys didn't have more fun. give it one more chance, there are some neat things to do and see. hope the rest of your week with daddy away went better.