Monday, October 29, 2007

Yeah, Emmett!!!


IMG_1581, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

My quiet, shy boy who is very, very content to follow Owen's shadow stepped out into his own spotlight today. He has been asking when he learn to play the piano like Owen. I told him when he turned 4 and he has been anxiously awaiting the day. We finally got lessons set up and he was super excited. Until today...the day of the lesson. He said he changed his mind. He wasn't ready. What happened if he made a mistake? He didn't know the keys yet? On and on and on......He wanted so bad to do it, but couldn't fight the voice pulling him back when it came right down to it. I told him he had to go today. So, he pulled it together (with me sitting outside the door) and did it!!! And, he did wonderful! He even talked to the teacher (she was concerned he wouldn't talk to her). He bounded out of the room when the lesson was over and said he wanted to come back next week. Then, he went home and practiced. I am so, so proud of him!

6 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

ahhhh, so cute. he's growing up. i hope he enjoys it and sticks with it. it would be so nice to have music in the house. you're such a good mommy. :)

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

Way to go Em! I remember him wanting to take lessons while I was out there in September. I'm glad he finally decided he could do it. Maybe he and Owen could learn a duet for Christmas?!? How cute would that be!

Amy

Toni said...

So wonderful! He really is growing up, isn't he?! Tatum saw his picture and said, "Wow, he's BIG!"

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

he's such a cutie, by the way!

Spindler Clan said...

Way to go Emmett! :) I loved hearing you play the other day!