Thursday, October 11, 2007

Glitter pumpkins and another audition


IMG_1507, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Got another phone call yesterday from the Syracuse Children's Theatre, the company that Owen has performed w/ before. They said that the big theatre in Syracuse is going to be putting on a production of The Christmas Carol and they wanted Owen to audition for Tiny Tim. So, I debated whether I should let him do it or not, talked to many of you on the phone, and asked him what he wanted to do (YES! YES! he said) and decided what the heck. If he got the part, it wouldn't be great timing (new baby and all). The performances are December 13-30, but I didn't know what the chances were of him getting the part anyway and the experience couldn't hurt. So, we went. There were probably about 10 other boys auditioning. All were older then him (8-10 years). My dad thought Tiny Tim was around the 10-12 age. It was pretty funny, though. All the boys were blond hair, blue eyes. That must be what Tiny Tim is supposed to look like. He had to sing a song and dance a learned routine. You don't get to watch the audition, so I have no idea how he did. We won't know for another week or so, but I doubt he got the part. They seemed to focus on 2 other boys. But, I figure it's still a big honor. They keep calling him to audition for various parts and I didn't even sign him up for theatre this fall. Owen mentioned that he misses the theatre and would like to be in the spring production, so I suppose I'll sign him up again.

When my mom visited last year, she brought this great idea of glittering pumpkins, instead of carving (I think she got it from Martha Stewart). The pumpkins turn out great. The kids love to do it, and it doesn't leave pumpkin guts all over your house! Double Bonus!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another good audition experience under his belt!
Glitter pumpkins sound fun! I don't know if Diego will go for it as much as Tatum though.
Toni

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

glitter pumpkins! so cool! you should watch mariah carey's movie while you do it. ;) but question - don't you miss eating the seeds?

amy said...

That is SUCH an Eddie look that Owen is giving!!!!

iowaguelys said...

Cute!! I could try this with Andie and Wyatt this year. 2 and 3 seem little for knives and pumpkin "guts"!
Annie