Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Synopsis of last night


IMG_2776, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Work went well. YEAH! My patient was an uncomplicated, full term pregnant gal (HIV neg, no history of drug use or STD's, MARRIED even w/ insurance.....all a rarity these days). And, it wasn't super busy, so I even had a chance to pump twice! It was a nice way to ease back into things. My babysitter for the boys had a sick kiddo so Eddie came home to stay w/ the boys at 2 pm. I was looking forward to him doing the whole dinner, homework, bedtime, bath thing by himself because I've been telling him that it can be difficult for one. Henry is sometimes fussy around that time.....But, lo and behold, he said it was a piece of cake and they had a great time together. Bummer for me because he's going to work late all week (sigh) and I'm not sure he's going to take my complaining seriously now....
Anyway, the only problem for me is this little cherub in the picture. I got home and in bed at 1215 AM and he was up at 115 and 545 to eat! UGH! It's vital that he sleep through the night when I work. Doesn't he know that?

2 comments:

Toni said...

What a great 1st night back! Glad it went so smoothly! I'm sure Henry will ease into the night schedule accordingly before long.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

it's so hard to rationalize with a 2-month old. i've tried. it doesn't work. :)