Sunday, February 24, 2008

Special Day

Today my niece, Josephine, was baptized and Eddie and I are her God parents. What a beautiful ceremony it was and Josephine looked like an angel. She's just learned to clap, so she clapped through most of the presentation. I'll post pictures later....not sure how to do it from here.
Gotta say....I'm SO SAD we don't live closer to family. This AM my brother and my other niece, Evelyn, picked the boys up and took them to the donut shop w/ my other brother. Later, Evelyn and I went to run errands (I've forgotten what it's like to shop w/ a two year old...exhausting but she's so adorable it was fun). Oh, and she talked Aunt Megan into buying her a book and Nerds (She didn't have to beg too much. I like spoiling her!) Owen went w/ my mom to Nicki's store and ran it for Nicki so she could get ready for the baptism. On our way to the baptism, Owen went over w/ my mom. On the way back, Owen rode w/ my dad and Emmett w/ my mom. The point....how nice it is to have a family network for the kids to hang out with! Eddie and I have had more time alone then we have had together in a really long time!The boys are LOVING playing w/ their cousins. In addition to Evelyn and Josephine, my mom's brother and wife were her with their kids, who are 6 and 4. I love being around everyone and the kids love it, too. Hopefully, someday, we'll be closer again.

3 comments:

bridal fashion by MILLIE said...

I so know how you feel. I'm always so sad when I have to leave Colorado and come back to my quiet house.

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i'm so glad you're having fun. how old is josie? i ask because we can't get ellie to clap yet! she just keeps the beat with her palm on her knee. i'm really bad at teaching these games...

Toni said...

Yes, does sound WONDERFUL! What a different life to be around family!