Sunday, November 25, 2007

Is this normal?


IMG_1954, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Eddie thinks something is wrong w/ Henry. It's the craziest thing. He sleeps almost continuously, but wakes up every 3 hours on the dot to nurse, then immediately goes back to sleep. Bizarre! He opens his eyes a total of about 20 minutes during the day. The rest of the time he's either sleeping or eating. Can this be right? Is it possible that I have (finally!) got a newborn that doesn't cry nonstop or demand a lot of attention? I caught myself thinking......aha! This is why people like newborns. Tell me, for those of you who are experienced mothers? Is this normal?

7 comments:

Toni said...

Completely! Isn't it wonderful?! You get all this time to just stare and be amazed! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

The Doane Home said...

Normal for those who are so lucky....enjoy it while it lasts:)
He is a beautiful baby boy.

Amy Busch said...

I don't know if it's normal since I don't have kids, but enjoy it while you can!

He is so precious! I'm glad you all are doing well and are home now!

Miss you tons!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

normal, yes. that's how ellie was and you've seen her calm disposition first hand! she fell asleep while nursing and we had to constantly wake her up. i remember being so excited when we would get to see her eyes, they were always closed.

i had a dream i went up and visited you and little henry and heidi klum was there filming project runway. any chance of that happening? :)

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

p.s. i like the pinup pose. ;)

Anonymous said...

that was zachary to a t...enjoy it! hey, it's lasted years for me! god has to give you one, right...

Spindler Clan said...

You were due for a calm, quiet infant!:) Third times a charm right? Megan, he is so perfect! I think he really looks like Emmett but I will have to meet him to fully decide! Can't wait for Thursday!