Thursday, November 22, 2007

Henry Edward Bauer

To see pics of Henry: go to my list of blogs to the left of this post. Click on the photography by Amy blog. It is http://photographybyamy.smugmug.com. Go to client proofs. Then scroll down to proofs 71. That's him. Tell me who you think he looks like!


The story......my mom flew in Sunday night and I had a doctor's appointment on Monday morn. At my doctor's appointment my blood pressure was still elevated and the results from my 24 hour urine were back and abnormal. So, to my mom's and my surprise (she went w/ me to the doctor) the doctor said, "OK...you're done. Time to deliver." He told us to run home and get my stuff together and come back to the hospital. We were shocked (and completely unprepared)! Four hours later....Henry was born :). He did great and for those of you thinking of the third c/s..... go for it! The whole thing was great. I've had less pain than the other two kiddos. And, the OB said I could have a fourth if I wanted! (Eddie then offered to slip the OB so money under the table if he would "accidently" tie the tubes :). We can't quite decide who he looks like. The concensus seems to be Emmett's coloring (he's super dark!), but blue eyes (like Owen's) and Owen's lips and thick hair. Maybe he'll end up the perfect combination of the two. The boys are "over the moon". Owen was a little stand-offish at first. I think the whole hospital thing freaks him out a little. But, their second visit, they both were arguing over who could hold him first. Emmett has been talking to him in a adorable, sing-song voice, "don't cry baby....your big brother is here!" He's a little fussy, but doesn't seem to be anywhere along the lines of Emmett (he hasn't gotten thrown out of the nursery yet!). I hope he continues to be good.
It's Thanksgiving Day and we were supposed to go home this AM, but Henry is jaundiced and they want him here for one more day to test his blood work again. So....I'm here by myself (don't feel sorry for me! It's nice and quiet and I'm enjoying alone time w/ my baby!)
The boys haven't visited me in two days, though, (tear, tear) because they're sick. Emmett's has croup and his asthma is bad enough that my mom called at 1 AM last night and Eddie left to go help w/ breathing treatments and steroids. I miss them. And, as long as Henry's bilirubin doesn't go up tonight we can go tomorrow. If it goes up, we'll be here for a few more days as he'll have to go under the bili lights (like Owen did).
Anyway, check out the photos and let me know what you think! (I'm using a hospital lap top). I'd recommend this hospital to anyone! I have had the absolute best care! If we go home tomorrow, I'll post pics to this blog...so check back!

3 comments:

Toni said...

CONGRATS! You are ALL amazing! What drama!

Henry is super sweet! I'm so excited for you! I wish I could bring the stork basket for you to enjoy during your extra long stay! Are you implying that your NY hospital ranks higher than PVH? I'm shocked... and sad- you're not coming back to FC are you? TEARS!

LOTS and LOTS of love to you and the beautiful babe!
God Bless!!!!

Amy Busch said...

Congratulations! He is SOOO precious and I think he is the perfect combination of Emmett & Owen and I think he looks like Eddie in a lot of the pics!

I'm so happy for you guys and I LOVE his name! :)

Can't wait to meet Henry (and see all of you)! So happy that you are all healthy (except for the usual stuff) and happy!

Love you guys (and miss you tons)!
Amy

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

so beautiful! i can't believe how non-newborn he looks! (i mean that in a good way. :) first glance, i thought he looked like emmett. i'm so happy for you. rely on your mommy. i hope we can get up there to visit you again soon (after things calm down). i want ellie to meet her new boyfriend.