Sunday, September 12, 2010

FIRST GRADER!


013, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

My middle man is a first grader - and it's about stinkin' time. This marks the FIRST time that my 7 year old has been away from me all day. 7 years old and it's his first time for all day school (kindergarten was still a half day). He is more than ready. He's going to do great.

He was happy and excited about it until this morning - getting ready - he started crying and he said he was really scared. He asked me to walk him into class, and I got to the office until the principal interecepted me and asked if I could say goodbye there. He started crying again and was all "I don't even remember where my class is". Then, he looked down the hall and saw his teacher waving. Took a deep breathe. And walked.

When I picked him up from school, he was super excited. He had a great day. He's going to do awesome.

1 comment:

Toni said...

That's so great! He's grown up so much!