Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Emmett turned 7....


023, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

three weeks ago. But, I haven't yet recorded his vitals for the record book:

Height - 48.5 inches - 55th%
Weight - 62 # - 90th%

Side note: Owen (my almost 10 year old) weighs 68# in full clothing. Owen and Emmett are almost the same shoe size (E - 2.5, O- 3), and they share most of the same clothes. They are 3 years apart!!!! And, since Owen and Emmett are polar opposites in every way, shape, and form this only makes sense.

Emmett is an interesting child (aren't they all?). He's the loudest, wildest, craziest at my house, and the quietest out in public. He's not a complainer, and he'll usually do what I ask without a word. He gets his feelings hurt easily, and is very sensitive. He makes a great follower w/ Owen, but is often a leader in the classroom. He does really well in school, and can almost completely read independently, but if you asked him what he likes best about school he would tell you, "recess and gym." He's my snugglebug and likes to be on my lap any chance he gets. He still comes in our bed at night - and climbs in - unless another brother is already there, and then he sleeps on the floor. He's early to bed and early to rise. He's great w/ Henry, but often can't stop himself from teasing him or playing just a little too rough. He loves playing soccer and baseball, and he's good at both. He's very coordinated.

He makes my life easy almost every day of the week. He's my perfect middle man!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Ahhhh! So sweet! Just gotta luv Em!!
I wish I had an 'easy' one. How did I end up with FOUR tough ones? It couldn't have anything to do with the parent, right?!