Monday, February 22, 2010

The Tortoise and the Hare


037, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

One of the reasons my mom came when she did (she left Saturday) was to see Owen's performance in his third grade musical. The whole third grade participated in the musical, The Tortoise and the Hare, and the kids had to audition for the part they wanted and rehearse tons! Owen had one of the leads, The Tortoise. He had a small solo and a duet w/ the Hare (pictured here). It was such a great performance. All the kids did wonderfully, and Owen never ceases to amaze me. The child had no anxiety. He was thrilled to be the star!

3 comments:

Toni said...

What a treat to have Mom there for the performance!!!!!!! O deserves a big audience!

Diego had tryouts for the 2nd grade show coming up in March. He certainly didn't want the lead but definitely wanted a part.

I'm so glad! Coming soon....Diego as the goat in 'E-I-E-I-Oops!'

Spindler Clan said...

Keaton is so the exreme opposite. He came home with the 2nd grade play/musical for "The Kissing Hand" and said, "Mom, they are going to do tryouts next week." I said, "Are you going to try out for anything?" To which he replied, "I'd rather be a rock!" OMG...I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Amy Axe said...

Way to go Owen! How fun to have such a big role!