Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mirbeau Inn and Spa


068, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Eddie and I escaped for 2 days and 1 night a few days ago - left my mom w/ the boys and went off on our own. To say it was the most wonderful 48 hours we've had together in a long time would be a gross understatement. We went to the nationally recognized Mirbeau Inn and Spa in Skaneateles, NY. We had a couples massage. I got a pedicure. I almost finished a whole book. We relaxed in a outdoor hot tub while snowflakes landed on our heads. We ate in a 4 star restaurant. We ate ice cream in bed. I took a bath w/ rose petals in it. The spa turned down our bed at night when we were out eating. We drank mimosas for lunch. It was so, so wonderful. And, if we can talk my mom into coming back same time next year - we're going to do it again.

4 comments:

Toni said...

WOW! I almost couldn't believe you when I first started reading this post. That sounds heavenly!!!! Such a wonderful retreat... you deserve it!

Rudd Family said...

Ditto Toni's comments! When I read your posts my first thought was heavenly, quickly followed by the thought of how much you deserve it. Here's hoping you visit Mirbeau more and the ER less!

Spindler Clan said...

Ahhhh!!! How absolutely wonderful that sounds right about now!!! :) Glad you guys were able to escape!

Tasha Roe said...

i am totally jealous!! sounds amazing! glad you had a great get-away. :)