Sunday, July 5, 2009

A good reminder

Just in case I were to forget about why I can't WAIT to move from the Syracuse area, I get a reminder every now and then. This happened last night.

We took the boys to see fireworks last night. Emmett and Henry were TIRED and so we went ahead and put them to bed for 2 hours, before dragging them up and into the car to see the fireworks. Waking sleeping children should be illegal. But, it isn't and we did it.

Anyway, then we went to Onondaga Lake Park and sat next to the most polluted lake in the nation wrapped in blankets and sweatshirts but wishing we had our hats and gloves and got eaten by the nastiest blood sucking mosquitoes who managed to find the only exposed part of our frigid bodies (our face) and watched a super LAME fireworks display that lasted all of 18 minutes. Seriously.

3 comments:

JulyG319 said...

Wow, I guess sitting in the back of the Highlander with all three kids while Steve set off fireworks in the rain wasn't so bad after all... ;)
Here's hoping that you get to move from that area soon!

Toni said...

Poor, Megan. I feel so sorry for you, but I love how you make me laugh so hard. FC longs for your return!

We went to the Rockies game and fireworks show last night. I wouldn't mind making that an annual tradition, minus the late start because of rain and unusually chilly conditions. I'll bring a blanket next time just in case!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

when the economy turns around - get outta there!