Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thanks for the suggestions and uh-oh!

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. Still can't decide what to do. I was OK w/ waiting longer....but he nursed around the clock again yesterday every 3 hours (all night included!). I'm so tired! In the last two weeks, he's had a total of two stretches of 5 hours at night...that's it. Otherwise it's been every three hours. I know he's not starving, because he gained almost a pound last week, but once again, I'M TIRED!!!! And, I'm getting close to the point of I'll try anything just to get some sleep.
What I did try last night what a bottle of formula. I'm down to one bottle of stored breastmilk in the fridge and I have to work Tuesday. I thought we better give formula a try, since he's going to have to take it Tuesday. He hated it! GAGGED! UH-OH!!! Now I could mix half of breastmilk and half formula, like Amy suggested, and try that but I have no extra breastmilk. And, he's nursing every 3 hours...so not much chance to get more. What am I going to do????

OH....and holding him on my lap today while eating breakfast, he kept trying to pull the spoon into his mouth.

3 comments:

Spindler Clan said...

So it seems he already is giving you the signs he's ready for cereal. I say "Go for it!" :)

Toni said...

YES! Sounds like that's a big sign to start solids! As for nursing every three hours- at 4 months, sounds like he's just picking a new routine vs hungry. No thank you!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i think the spoon test is a good one and he sounds ready - go for it! and with trying formulas, we had to go through 3 different kinds and about 2 months of gagging on it before she finally took it. her brand of choice is Good Start. it's supposedly sweeter than the others. 1/2 and 1/2 will get you there, but it'll take some time.