Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Day of School


IMG_1003, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Does he look like a first grader or what????
The day went well. I drove Owen to school and walked him into the classroom. Owen never looked back, but I fought back the tears. I can't believe he is going to be gone from me ALL DAY! Makes me so sad. But, I'm proud of the independent, happy, confident little man he is turning in to. The teacher promised me he would be exhausted when I picked him up. But, when I picked him up (an hour early...see the next post) he wasn't tired, just super excited! He talked my ear off for the next hour giving me every small detail. He was most excited that he liked the chicken nuggets from the cafeteria, although they only gave him two so he ate the tomato soup I packed for him, too.

3 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

oh, hang in there. sending both you and owen positive energy. ;)

Anonymous said...

YES! He's definitely 1st grade material, and the haircut looks fab! Did he get to play soccer at recess?
Toni

iowaguelys said...

I'm not looking forward to this day for Andie and Wyatt. I still have a couple of years, but they will fly!