Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas - come and gone...


012, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

This is the first year that I can remember not wanting to take our tree down. Not wanting to take our lights down from the front of the house (oh - wait - they're not going to be taken down until the sheet of ice covering our gutter is removed - maybe, May?) We had a great Christmas. I'm not ready for it to end.

I worked tons - full time for 3 weeks - which isn't the great part. But, Eddie, who had tons of vacation time to use up - only worked 6 days all month. That's the great part. And, props again, to those moms who work full time every week of the year. I am not equipped for that. We stayed home. We spent time together. We enjoyed one another.

On Christmas morning, we stayed in our pajamas all day long. We opened every game. Every toy. Every puzzle. We played everything, and read directions to everything. It was as I hope every Christmas is. Perfect.

2 comments:

Crazycarmella said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! That's so funny you have that rug too! It doesn't really match any of my other rugs but oh well! Better than cold tile floor!

I feel the same way you do...My tree is dying but I still don't want to take it down.....

Toni said...

Ahhhh... so nice you had such a wonderful Christmas! That's just awesome!