Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to reality...


025, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

After our great Christmas visit to Eville and Chicago, we were greeted by a big dose of reality back at our home in Bville, NY. This, my friends, is SNOW!!! Lots and lots of snow. I mean, there is probably 3-4 feet of snow out there, and snowdrifts at the end of the driveway of 6-8 feet. CRAZY amount of snow. It's snowing again today, and I heard on the news that this is the 10th day of snow in a row. I'm not sure these pictures even do this sight justice. It is really amazing.

I'm SO thankful that we have a snow plow service. They come out and plow our driveway every time we get 3 inches or more of snow. Some days they come out multiple times in the same day. If we didn't have this service, we would not have been able to get to our garage after our trip. It would have taken DAYS to shovel this amount of snow.

3 comments:

Toni said...

I'm curious about the plow service- do you know anyone that lives around you that doesn't have the service? How much does it cost? I'm guessing those in the business make enough during your long winters that they don't have to have a job on the off season- or maybe they rake leaves (another service you need so bad). Michelle Boyle's husband started a plowing business here in FC this year- a great year to start it! Boy, have we had the snow! UGH!

Robin said...

I miss CNY!!!

Alison said...

Hey Megan,

Did you get my email re: clotting? I sent it Friday nite~

AG