Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Owen!


016, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Owen's 8th birthday was this past Thursday. I think he had a really wonderful day. I made his fave breakfast for him (pumpkin pancakes and apple cider syrup), and then he had school. Emmett, Henry, and I brought popsicles and ice cream sandwiches to his class and Eddie met him for lunch in the Van Buren Cafeteria. After school, a good friend (Amy Davis) babysat Henry so we (and good friends the Spindlers and Pompos) could go see High School Musical 3. It was absolutely fabulous. I asked Owen after the show if it made him miss being on stage. And, he said, "oh, yes...it really does." Then, dinner at the mall and home for presents and cake. His birthday party at the soccer center is tomorrow. I gotta admit, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the words, "8 years old" to roll off my tongue. It seems SO OLD.

2 comments:

Rudd Family said...

Happy Birthday Owen!

It makes me feel old as well when I think of the little ring bearer in my wedding pictures.

the ess family said...

He is so cute! 8 years old...really??? I can't wait to hug the 8 year old!