Monday, May 5, 2008

Groceries

I shop for groceries week to week. I make a schedule of what we're having for dinner for the week and I buy those specific ingredients. I rarely have extra ingredients in the pantry. Went to the grocery store today and come out w/ a 300.00 grocery bill!!! Unbelievable! And Henry is not even eating yet......I can't imagine what it's going to cost us when the boys are teenagers. As it is now, they both usually have 3-4 waffles and 2 bowls of cereal every morning for breakfast. And they are so skinny. It must be the nonstop running around. ENERGY!

5 comments:

Toni said...

YIKES! That would add up to about $1,000 a month?!!!!!! What are you cooking for dinner? Steaks?? My grocery bill is half that... I think- I shop at a couple different stores so it's not as shocking.

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! And I thought ours was getting too high at about $80/week for the 2 of us.

AAB

life with my boys... said...

Ours is about $140 a week, but David and I are trying not to eat snacks, I'm not really drinking much, and my kids just plain are NOT eaters. It has always bugged me that they don't eat, but I guess that cloud has a silver lining!!!

Erica said...

good grief, you are organized!!!

The Doane Home said...

Wow, I think you could go out to eat every day for that price and then you wouldn't even have to cook or clean.