Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


IMG_3622, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a really nice day. We went to church in the AM (after driving through Starbucks) then went to the mall for ice cream for lunch...a tradition we started last year and the boys talked about for a whole year! Then, I took Eddie and Emmett home and Owen to theatre and went back to the mall w/ Henry for a few hours of shopping by myself. Yeah! So, so much fun....
But it gets even better! Then, my dear friend and neighbor, Sheila, watched Emmett and Henry while Eddie and I went out to dinner. We managed to go ONE WHOLE HOUR without talking about the kids. Before, as he will tell you, I broke it! Owen was being picked up from theatre by a friend and spouse of an AB employee (Michelle Hornsey) and they took him out to dinner w/ their family to Applebee's!! He had a great time! At the end of the evening, we opened presents and ate cake. And after the kids were in bed, Eddie and I snuggled and watched Desperate Housewives. OK...so we didn't snuggle :). I frantically cleaned up while we watched the show.

4 comments:

Toni said...

What a super-duper birthday and that's perfect for a well-deserving, WONDERFUL person! Miss you!

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

happy birthday, girl! it's a good thing i wished you a happy birthday early as i was flat on my back with the flu yesterday. hope it doesn't migrate up your way.

iowaguelys said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a
PERFECT day! You look great!!

cathi said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Eric gave me your blog address as well as his own, so I could catch up a bit with your kids. You aren't old enough to have 3 kids, are you??? They are all really cute! I can't believe how grown up all you guys are now. And Brooke's going to have a baby also-wow!It was good to chat a bit with Eric. Matthew and Morgan are doing well. Morgan is working in Chicago for another couple of months and Matthew is still here in Ft myers, although he is more than ready to get out of here--love to you all--aunt cathi