Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Angels on Earth

My patient last night had a beautiful baby boy who was only expected to live for a few days. They had a photograhper there who is a true angel on earth. There is a national program of photographers who take photos for grieving moms and dads to help them remember their babies after they've passed. They do stillborns, preemies, and babies who are only alive here on earth for a short time. Their photos are amazing and I can only imagine how invaluable these photos are for the parents. The photographer last night was kind, caring, empathetic, and took beautiful photos for this family. And, it's all free. I pray that none of us will ever need a photographer such as this, but be aware in case you have a friend of a friend who may need assistance....and if you feel up to it, look at the website and count your many blessings. I know I have.
www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org

3 comments:

Amy Coffman Phillips said...

i can't imagine nor do i want to. i just put ellie down for the night but all i want to do is go pick her up, hug her, and tell her how grateful i am to have her in my life.

Spindler Clan said...

My heart just aches for those people. Loss no matter when or what age is always so sad, but it just doesn't seem fair when they haven't had a chance to live life yet! :( I truly believe there are special angels in heaven for those little ones!
I think we all will hug our little ones a bit longer and tighter tonight before they go to sleep! How blessed we are!

iowaguelys said...

WHAT are you trying to do to me?? I was a sobbing mess checking out that web site!