Monday, December 20, 2010

The Polar Express


064, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Last weekend, we took an outing to the North Pole via the Polar Express. I had to get the tickets in October, because they sell out super quick. We boarded a train in Utica, NY and took an hour train ride to the Polar Express (complete with many elves)- where Santa got on board the train and sent the next hour back visiting with each child.

Henry was SO super excited, and Owen and Emmett had a good time - but probably wouldn't have missed not going.

As for me, I thought it was wonderful, not because the Santa was great (check him out - is that really the best they could do??) or the elves were overally entertaining - but because we spent a wonderful evening together as a family - not at home - where I would have felt an overwhelming need to do laundry, dishes, etc...but confined to a train, where we had a great time laughing, singing, and enjoying one another. It was perfect.

2 comments:

Crazycarmella said...

Oh my goodness! My boys would be in HEAVEN!!!! What a great night for the fmaily!

Toni said...

Super cute! Yes, family time is the best part!