Monday, December 20, 2010

Doo Doo update

The doo doo (pacifier) fairy visited Henry 2 weeks and 3 days ago - taking his doo doos away while he slept and leaving a present (a pillow pet) in it's place. Henry was not thrilled about this happening - we talked about it many times before the big day and told him when he was 3 the doo doo fairy would be visiting him. The night it was supposed to happen, he wouldn't sleep (because he knew the doo doo fairy would visit when he fell asleep). I got home at midnight from work, and he was still awake. It was almost 2 AM before he fell asleep, and at 5 AM I rolled over (since he was in our bed - wedged between Eddie and I, as usual) and pried the doo doo from his sweet, sad lips.

Fast forward to today (2 weeks and 3 days later), and he STILL asks for his doo doo at bedtime and naptime. He STILL tells me EVERY SINGLE DAY "I can't sleep without my doo doo". Poor baby. Thankfully, he still has his mangy stuffed dog, Moppett, to help ease his pain.

2 comments:

Toni said...

YES! Thank goodness for other security objects! Does he love his travel snugli blanket like the others did so much?

Unknown said...

We have a similar fairy take the binky away at 2 years old. The morning after Miles' were no longer, I went up to take a shower. When I came down he was on the couch with his hands cupped over his mouth and the obvious motion of a binky mouth peeking out from the sides. I said what do you have? He sucked faster and said through it "Jus a wittle bit binky". He was the cutest little binky junkie I had ever seen, but that one too had to go to the binky fairy...and he never asked again.