Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Owen!


008, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Owen had a great birthday. After his school celebration of cupcakes, he went to soccer practice (playing soccer on his birthday...nothing much better). I asked him earlier if he wanted me to cook a special dinner for him on his birthday or if he wanted to go out to eat, he chose the out to eat. I'm thinking I should be offended.

So, we headed out to eat after soccer, but there was a long wait everywhere he chose and we had Henry. So...we drove through Wendy's and went to Red Robin for lunch the next day.

He was very thankful that his grandparents and aunt and uncle and cousins sent birthday presents, because we didn't get him anything. We got a new bike earlier in the year, and that was his present.

His birthday party (at the soccer center, of course) is Wednesday (they're out of school) AND I must be crazy....but we are hosting our first ever slumber party on Tuesday night. I only let him invite 3 kids and they are all soccer buddies, we'll see how it goes. I must be crazy.