Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy (self portrait)


023, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

It's been a good week. It's the last day of winter and I'm happy. Everyone says that their favorite season is fall. Not me. Things die in the fall. And, fall means that winter...a really long, snowy, cold winter...is on it's way. Spring, on the other hand, is a re-birth. Trees are growing leaves. Everything is coming a live. Flowers are born. Baby animals are born. It's the season of hope, excitement, and life. I heart it....a whole lot.

This week was warm enough a few days to spend hours outside. I cleaned out the landscaping in our front flower beds and raked leaves that have been laying on our ground since fall. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Things are getting easier. Henry played around me while I worked, carrying his own little rake.

I made it to the gym this week three out of the last four days and I'm not sure if the added endorphins released while I exercise is helping my pleasant mood or not, but it surely hasn't hurt. I can run one WHOLE mile now, easily, in about 11 and a half minutes. A HUGE change from my struggle to run for 2 minutes a mere 6 weeks ago. I'm 4 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight w/ Henry and I've lost a total of 18 pounds since January. After I reach those 4 pounds, I'm going to go down 20 more to get to my pre-pregnancy weight w/ Owen. It's funny...but now I crave exercise. I NEED to get there every morning. It's nice to have somewhere to go and it's a great break for me. AND, Emmett, bless his sweet little heart, NEVER complains about going. Keep in mind I'm dragging him there 4-5 times a week and he is usually the oldest amongst many, many babies and 2 year olds. And, I usually work out for 1.5 or 2 hours. It would be harder to get there every day if he made a fuss, but he doesn't. Every once in a while he'll say, "Do we HAVE to go to the gym today?" I'm all "Yes, Emmett." And he's all, "OK, mama." And, the ladies in the day care (who are in their 50's) ADORE him. Every time I pick the boys up they tell me how wonderful they are. Yesterday I heard from one of the ladies, "We'll take 5 more just like Emmett and Henry." Today a different lady told me over and over how kind Emmett was. And, how he is was such a great big brother. She even said, "You know...kids that are this kind at such a young age, will always be like this." Not sure where she gets her pediatric expertise, but whatever, a compliment is a compliment, right? I think Emmett pretty much takes care of Henry there and helps the ladies entertain the other kids. Isn't he wonderful?

It is a good week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg, this sounds like somebody who is taking drugs or just had terrific sex. Are you ok? Love, Mom

Toni said...

All of the above??? Cool!

Rudd Family said...

Wow-18 pounds-congrats!! Glad things are going well. Fall is fine, but I am way more of a Spring/Early Summer girl myself.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Meg! I'm so proud of you!
AAB

Anonymous said...

Way to go megan! That rocks. I feel the exact same way about spring! It is just a lovely time of the year. Keep up the hard work!
A.J.

life with my boys... said...

Yes, Emmett is wonderful, :))))
I have been out of the work out loop for nearly a week and a half now and my mood has been so dark...I'm THERE tomorrow morning and Thurs morning while Zach's at school. LONG story, not one for the public! :)))
I am SOOO proud of you.