Sunday, December 2, 2007

The missing photo....


IMG_2052, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Yesterday we went to cut down our Christmas Tree, and the batteries on my camera were dead. But, let me tell you what I would have taken a picture of had my batteries been charged.......
It was freezing yesterday! My car said 17 degrees, so I would have a photo of the snot dripping down the boys (and me and Eddie's) cheeks.
Mom and Henry waited in the car.
I would have snapped a photo of us walking through the zillions of trees, debating the merits of picking a douglas fir over a fraser fir (we ended up w/ a fraser).
And, I certainly wouldn't have missed a shot of Eddie laying on his stomach (in his snow suit....we have snow on the ground here) completely under our perfect tree trying to saw the (blasted!) tree down.
I may have had to use the video camera to capture the next hysterically funny scene. Eddie would saw three of four times then flop on his tummy, breathing heavily, and take a 10 minute break. After about a half hour of this, a young lad come by on his tractor. Owen ran over to him saying, "help, help...sir....our dad can't get the tree down." He then flopped on his tummy, sawing frantically, and the tree fell down in about 1 minute! Eddie thinks he must have had a sharper saw (whatever makes him feel better.....).
And finally, I would have taken a picture of Eddie strapping the tree to the top of the car.
What a afternoon!

3 comments:

Toni said...

That's hilarious! I'm sure your beautiful tree will be well worth the effort!

Spindler Clan said...

I can honestly say...it is the prettiest tree I have ever seen! I also am so excited that I got to hold and meet little Henry today! YEA! Finally after waiting over a week.
He's so adorable! Meg, I am also glad I got to see you too! :) I missed ya!
She

Anonymous said...

Man, I am so disspointed...I truly thought Ed was a handy-man after fixing that sink was I was there :), I thought for sure he could handle the tree! Love you guys!

The boys are so darn cute! I can't wait to meet Henry in person!
Give everyone a hug for me!
Nicki