Tuesday, October 11, 2011

An honor for Emmett

020 by megan bauer
020, a photo by megan bauer on Flickr.

At the end of last year, when Emmett was still in first grade, he was chosen to participate with a group of 13 kids in a singing program. He was one of only 2 first graders chosen (out of 70 kids!), and one of 13 in the whole school. They were scheduled to sing at the teacher's kick off assembly the day before the first day of school. They practiced all summer. And, in September sang in front of every school teacher, teacher's assistant, and administrator in the district. It was the most beautiful performance. And, if I can figure out how to transfer some video that I took on the blog - I'll do that. They sounded so beautiful that I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face. And, I was SO proud of my quiet, shy Emmett.
They did such a good job that they were asked to sing in October at a school board meeting. And, they were recently videotaped to be shown to all the schools in the district. THese photos are blurry, because they were taken w/ my iphone from a distance away.

No comments: