Sunday, May 15, 2011

Most Wonderfulest Mother's Day EVER!

033 by megan bauer
033, a photo by megan bauer on Flickr.

My Mother's Day couldn't have been any more wonderful. My schedule of events:

7AM - soccer game w/ Owen. Just the two of us. There's very little that I like to do more than watch my boys play soccer.

9 AM - trip to the gym and Lowe's (by myself) to buy gardening supplies.

1130-1430 - ALL of my boys (husband included) worked outside WITHOUT COMPLAINING to pull weeds, plant flowers, and work on our landscaping. It was so much FUN! We laughed, listened to music, talked, and had a really, really great time working together. BAUER POWER!

1500-1930 - Work - what a great day to be a part of a wonderful family having a new baby.

2000 - Only Eddie and Owen awake when I got home. And, Owen was giggling when I walked in, so I knew something was up. Upstairs I went to my bath awaiting me (with Toy Story bubbles). Bathroom lit by candlelight. Warm because of the space heater in there. Robe hanging next to the bath. Ipod in there playing jazz. Nook color on the sink waiting for me.

I told you my day was perfect.

At least until I dropped my nook color in the toilet....and that's another story...

Oh - and if thst wasn't enough, Eddie took 4 days off surrounding Mother's Day, so I could have a mini vacation at home. And, I had the most wonderful, quiet time. I went shopping, went to the movies w/ friends, went to lunch w/ friends, got a pedicure, got a haircut, went to the gym every day. Eddie completely did everything w/ the kids, and I did whatever I wanted when I wanted. And, Eddie kept his "favorite parent" award bequeathed him by Owen at Christmas, because he took Henry to the park EVERYDAY!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oops, can't believe I didn't comment on this before (I did on FB). That Mother's Day should go down in the record books for sure. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!