Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Interloper - lost him again!!!

It's soccer time again. We had a whole month without regular soccer practices and games, but it's starting up again. And now (and this part is super exciting!), Emmett is playing on the Empire United Soccer Team, too. I almost didn't let him, because he's so young and it's so expensive, but he begged. And, his age group often practices the same day and time as Owen's age group, so I figured if he has to be dragged to Owen's practice he might as well be playing. Somehow I got roped into being the manager of Emmett's U7 league along w/ Owen's U10 league (who am I kidding?? I LOVE it!). And, anyway, we had our first parent meeting a few nights ago. I had all the boys by myself and Owen and Emmett went off to play on an indoor soccer field. Pretty soon, I noticed Henry was no longer by myself. And since I, along w/ the coaches, was running the meeting, I couldn't really leave.

Side note: Henry is super comfortable at the sports center. In fact, it was the very first place he ever went to. Do you remember this story? Eddie picked me up from the hospital 6 days after he was born (he had to stay extra to be under the bili lights) - by c/s!, and Owen was playing in a soccer tournament at the sports center at the time. Eddie picked Henry and I up from the hospital and before we went home, we went to the sports center to watch the soccer tournament. Ahhh...definitely a 3rd child.

Anyway, after the meeting I went to look for him, and turns out he had gone into the office (I told you he was comfortable at the place), grabbed a ball, and ran onto the field to join a group of 3-4-5 year olds who were playing microsoccer. I don't know how long he had been participating before I found him, but the coaches at the center know him, and apparently said, "Come on, Henry. You can play". I'm going to go ahead and sign him up (they said they would make an exception and let him participate even though he's not 3). Next week he should look "official" in his matching green shirt :)!