Friday, December 11, 2009

This year we went fake...


007, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Our poor allergic Owen spends most of December miserable from his allergies and asthma. His asthma/allergy doc tells us each and every year that it's in large part because of the beautiful REAL Christmas tree we bring into our house.

This year, Owen begged and begged for a fake tree. What choice did we have? We went fake. I learned 2 things in the process. 1. You get what you pay for 2. You have to pay a lot for a beautiful tree.

I bought a 7.5 foot tree at Walmart for $89, and it was the saddest, most pathetic little tree. We immediately took it back and returned it. Then, we found this tree at Hobby Lobby for $300, and I love it. It's a 9 foot tree douglas fir. It's absolutely beautiful, and I'm so far not missing the real thing.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Nice choice!!!!!! I can't believe you made O suffer all those years- so not like you! It's hard to break from family traditions!

Amy Axe said...

The tree is beautiful! I think that we I headed in that direction soon! I am the miserable one at our house.

Amy Axe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love it! Looks great!