Friday, October 22, 2010

Obligatory pumpkin patch photos


036, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I hate fall. Hate it. I realize that I'm probably in the minority, but I dislike it very, very much.

I think I blogged about this last year, so I won't bore you again. But, I don't like rejoicing in the death of every plant, animal, and insect. And, more importantly, I hate knowing that the next season up is winter. I much prefer spring. Watching the bulbs poke up through the cold ground. Welcoming new life. And, summer ahead.

Oh, and I very much dislike carving pumpkins - especially because I am the only family member who will stick my hand in the pumpkin guts. Everyone wants to watch me clean out the pumpkins and carve them. Grrrr.....

But, I do. I carve pumpkins every year. And, I manage to do it without complaining to much - at least to the kids.

We picked out our carving pumpkins. The plan is to get them carved this weekend.

I must mention, that one thing I enjoy about fall is pumpkin flavor: pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies...etc.

No comments: