Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'd like to promise -

to keep up w/ blogging more from this point on. But, I can't promise that. Life is so busy for our family right now. I thought that things were supposed to slow down and get easier as the kids got older. But, they haven't. They've just changed. I miss playdates. I long for the days where I used to hang out w/ good friends during the day and our kids played amongst us. Doesn't happen anymore. I miss the days when we'd wake up and get dressed and then figure out what we would do during the day. Now, I frantically run from one place to the next.....trying to squeeze every drop out of an hour to finish something that needs to be done. I miss when my kids were young......

Since my last post - we've spent 2 weekends in Rochester (soccer), 1 day in Buffalo (soccer), 1 weekend in Philadelphia (soccer), my dad visited (and went to Philly w/ us), Owen had a severe allergic reaction to some outdoor irritant (more on that later), Owen and I both run Race for the Cure - our first ever 5K. Emmett started his season of outdoor tee ball, soccer, and lacrosse (and lost his top front tooth :)), my mom visited (for Emmett's tonsillectomy), I turned 34, Owen turned 9 1/2, and Henry turned 2 1/2, and I had a garage sale (the day before Race For the Cure).

I've cut back my work schedule to 16 hours a week - which is still a lot for our family to handle right now. Owen and Emmett have activities every evening but one, and go opposite ways - so it takes two of us.

I'm going to work on getting more photos uploaded soon. And, maybe before too long, I'll get to blog more.

4 comments:

Toni said...

SIMPLY exhausting! You do it all with a smile, I'm sure! That's just how you are!!!

Toni said...

ps- I wish you could promise, too... I do love to keep up with you on this blog!! Makes me feel like we live closer to each other!! (Facebook comes in second!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Toni! Blog first then maybe facebook. More pictures!! I miss you and your stories. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry Meg that last anonymous was from me. Mom