Tuesday, April 20, 2010

As if our house wasn't crazy enough...


006, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

with my mom here, Emmett recovering from his tonsillectomy, my birthday, and the kids home this week for Spring Break - we decided it would be a good time to potty train Henry. I have been dreading this since our last attempt wasn't successful and (this is something no one tells you when you continue to add kids past the average of 2.2) - it's not near as much fun or as exciting as with the previous 2 kiddos. I was excited the last 2 times, and it was easy. This time - not exciting. But, the weather was crummy, and with my mom here we figured one of us could stay home w/ him for a while until he masters it. And, guess what? He did it! It was easy! And, now that it is done, I'm completely and possibly even more excited then with the other two! Today is day 4, and he has yet to have an accident. Yesterday - only 1 accident. He can get his underwear up and down all by himself, and does it now without prompting (by the way...he is SO stinking cute in his undies - I'll get that on film next!). Yeah, Henry! And, good bye FOREVER to diapers in our house :). Double yeah!

5 comments:

Rudd Family said...

Yipee for you! More than a little jealous though!

Crazycarmella said...

YAY! Henry!!!! What a big boy!! Same thing going on at our house too!!!! Supa fun! NOT! Just kidding...James is doing surprisingly awesome....And yes! I love little boys in thier underoos! I just want to pinch his bottom all day!!!!

Toni said...

So, so, sooo wonderful!!!! CAN'T wait for the video in his undies!!! That's SO much going on at your house; what a lucky duck to have it gone so smoothly!! Yippee!!! Yeah, Henry!!

Elizabeth said...

So happy for you...and def agree that it is a real drag with #3. I kept checking the older 2 to confirm that yes indeed, we have indeed done this successfully twice before. Hooray for no more diapers!

Anonymous said...

WTG! I agree with you, Parker will be 2 in June and I have no thoughts of potty training him anytime soon. The other three were trained by their 2nd birthday.
Jill