Friday, March 12, 2010

Arlington Spring Invational Tournament


035, originally uploaded by megan bauer.

Sorry for the delay in posting....I'm going to try to get back on track. Last weekend, we made the easy 6 hour drive to Washington DC for a soccer tournament, and what a super fantastic weekend it was. It really couldn't have been any better.

The weather was spectacular (65 and sunny).

The boys did AWESOME! The lost in the championship by 1 in double overtime - but they weren't expected to do well. They were playing up a division (they're U9 boys and were playing U10) and this was a really tough tournament. So, it was AWESOME!

The hotel was perfect! (I highly recommend Embassy Suites). Free breakfast and not like your regular breakfast - I'm talking made to order omelets - pork sausage AND turkey sausage, waffles, pancakes, and french toast every morning. My grandpa would have been speechless (and that's hard to do!). And, not only was there a free breakfast, but we also enjoyed cocktail hour (FREE!) every evening. The boys ran around like...well...9 year old boys and no one cared.

Everyone got along. Everyone played well.

I guess the only bummer was that since the boys played so well, they had extra games, so we didn't get to tour anything or see any sights. We did drive by Arlington National Cematary (sorry for the misspelled word). It was only a mile from our hotel. We drove by the Capital. Saw the Pentagon.

I'm not naive enough to think that every tournament is going to go this well (we go to Philadelphia in May and Lancaster, PA in July amongst others). So, I'm going to savor every minute of this one. Perfect.

6 comments:

Toni said...

FANtasic! Soooo great!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Glad that it went so well!
A.J.

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were about 350 bucks everwhere. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular make. The prices seeking the sneakers are about 220 pounds on every site. But for all I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what do you think?

Nicki said...

That sounds like a perfect experience for your first tournament! Bummer that you didn't get to do many touristy things while you were there, though!

steph said...

Hi Meg! Finally catching up on the blogs. What a fun time you all had..maybe you'll be travelling to the olympics someday!